Moose Meadows Farm, a family based business, prides itself on the evergreen products it designs and creates. Our wreaths, sprays, door arches, garlands, and centrepieces are premium, high quality products “fresh from the forests” of the North Cariboo. We use sustainable, renewable materials which in the conventional forest industry have no value. With our evergreen products business, we offer seasonal employment for 6-7 weeks. During that time, Moose Meadows Farm creates upwards of 1200 products.
Steps taken in producing our products:
1) Tipping: bough collecting or “tipping” is done no earlier than late October / early November after several frosts. By having some frosts, the tree have “hardened off”. All the tips harvested are weighed and we collect enough boughs to meet our orders. Weather, particularly snowfall and /or cold temperatures, can create a challenge with the tipping process. We typically spend 4-5 days “tipping” with a staff of 6 to 10.
2) Decorations / Bows: all bows, cone clusters and other decorations are created by hand. Our aim is to create a sufficient number, in advance, based upon the orders received.
3) Evergreen Product Creation: we begin making our evergreen products once we have finished tipping.
4) Decorating: All our decorations and bows are made by hand. This takes time and ensures the high quality that we strive for.
5) Shipping / Delivering: We make every possible effort to meet our shipping / delivery deadlines. Unless specified, we typically use Canada Post for individual shipments and Greyhound for bulk shipments as these tend to be most cost effective. For larger bulk shipments, we will consider using a freight company.
i. Only orders received, and paid in full, by October 31st will be shipped / delivered by the date requested. All other orders will be created and designed based upon the order that they are received. Payment is typically due at time of order placement. Please note that it may take 2-3 weeks to have your order filled depending upon when the order is placed. Should you wish the creation and shipment of your evergreen product(s) expedited at our end, there will be a $10.00 fee per item.
ii. Orders that have the greatest distance to travel will be shipped first. Our evergreen products are shipped throughout continental North America to as far away places as Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Georgia, Texas, and Arizona. Although our primary delivery method is Canada Post Expedited Parcel, it can take upwards of 10 business days for a wreath to arrive at its destination from Quesnel. Please take this into consideration when ordering an evergreen product from us.
iii. We have standard shipping rates for all provinces in Canada for a single item travelling to a single location. These rates include postage, applicable fuel surcharges, taxes, a specialty wreath box, product information and card, a hand addressed card, and us taking it to the post office during a very busy season. By having us ship your wreaths, you save time and money by not having to stand in line and we pass the savings we receive as a business onto you! For bulk shipments (e.g. more than 1 item / box) and /or for shipments to the United States of America, the price paid will be the actual postage costs plus a box and handling fee.
iv. All products shipped by Moose Meadows Farm are shipped via Canada Post Expedited Parcel. Typically, the most cost effective way of shipping is chosen. We will only provide tracking numbers if shipments are found not to arrive within a reasonable time frame.
v. For orders which are placed, and then cancelled, a 50% cancellation fee on the evergreen product applies. This is simply because the process of making a wreath begins when the boughs are collected; not when the wreath is being made.
vi. At times, fortunately not too often, wreaths are returned to us because the address provided in incorrect, there is a temporary address change to the USA, and /or the item is unclaimed. When an item is returned, Canada Post charges postage on the return. We will only collect and re-send the package on the new address if the customer provides direction to do so on the Order Form. All costs associated with the collection and re-sending of the item will be passed onto the customer. Otherwise, the item will remain at Canada Post and be sent onto their “unclaimed mail department”.