24 beautiful alpacas & llamas reside at Moose Meadows Farm. These animals are camelids and their origins are the High Andes of South America. They are all sheared annually (late spring / early summer) and their fibre collected and sent to woollen mills for processing. Once processed, the products are available for purchase. We typically keep a little bit of raw fibre back to play with.
We opt to leave the fibre as natural as possible; hence the fibre is undyed. Our selection of finished products vary, so please contact us for additional information and for availability. We typically have yarn (lopi, 2-ply), rovings, socks, blankets, and duvets. Prior to ordering, please check for availability on product and colours.
We also have raw fibre available. Please contact us for additional information.
ALPACA YARN – LOPI*
- Skein – 4 oz.
- 70% alpaca / 30% wool*
- ~ 148 m. / skein; recommended needles: 5.5mm – 6mm.
- Colour: Ebony Black, White, Dark Brown, Light Brown, Light Grey, Dark Grey – contact us for colour availability
- PRICE: $20.50 (+ applicable taxes)
* Lopi is an unspun yarn.
ALPACA YARN – 2 PLY MULE SPUN
- Skein – 4 oz.
- 70% alpaca / 30% merino wool*
- ~ 226 m. / skein; recommended needles: 4mm – 5mm.
- Colour: Black, Brown, Grey, White (oatmeal) – contact us for colour availability
- PRICE: $22.50 / skein (+ applicable taxes)
HUACAYA ALPACA SOCKS
- (60% alpaca, 20% wool, 20% nylon)
- 2009 Colours: Oatmeal (white), dark brown, dark grey
- 2010 Colours: Oatmeal (white), dark brown, black
- Sizes: 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15
- (Please check for colour and size availability)
- PRICE: $26.00 (+applicable taxes)
- Handloomed in Alberta with fibre from the boys and girls at Moose Meadows Farm. These beautiful blankets are one of a kind! Comprised of exotique alpaca blend lopi yarn. 70% alpaca / 30% wool. Weight is 3 lbs.
- Check with us for availability!
- Colours (2010): Black, Dark Brown, Grey, White (Oatmeal)
- Dimensions: 50″ x 67″ (this is the only size available!)
- PRICE: $230.00 (+ GST and PST)
- Hand sewn in Alberta and filled with 100% alpaca fibre from the boys and girls at Moose Meadows Farm. These incredible duvets are well worth cuddling up with. All duvets have a cotton shell. Check with us for availability. We can do special orders!
- King: 5.5 lbs.; 228 cm x 274 cm. (108″ x 90″)
- Queen: 4.5 lbs.; 228cm. x 244 cm. (96″ x 90″)
- Twin: 3 lbs., 203 cm. x 178 cm. (80” x 70”)
(For the 1st year, cuddling up under alpaca = $1.00 / night; after 2nd year, it’s only $0.50 / night… after 10 years… it’s $0.10/night).